Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Healed


As you can see from my latest mug shot above, I'm a quick healer and am pretty much back to normal. At this point I'm ready to put this whole sick episode behind me and look forward to the future. And speaking of the future, tomorrow starts a new year and that means another New Year's Day Ride! The trails should be frozen hard by then and we should enjoy another fun New Year's Day at our home away from home, Brady's Run.

A few loose spokes:
--------------------
Thanks to whoever has been cutting out the fallen trees at Brady's Run. Much obliged, partner.
--------------------
I tried to register http://www.coolerbuddy.com/ on Sunday and found it was already registered.
Curious, I typed it in the address bar and found it links to a bowling apparel site. Appropriate, I suppose.
--------------------
I watched the movie "Burn After Reading" last night and absolutely loved it. Brad Pitt is a cyclist in the movie and delivers the best performance of quite a few exceptional performances.
The lines which made me laugh the hardest were when John Malkovich calls Brad's bike a Schwinn and Brad laughs and says "You think my bike's a Schwinn?". And then while he's being driven away by Frances McDormand he remembers his bike is left locked back at the park and he says "My bike! I can't leave it there, that's just a Kryptonite lock. You can open those things with a Bic pen". There's more subtle bicycling related humor peppered throughout the movie which made me laugh to beat the band. I love that the Coen's put substantial thought into cycling humor that only probably 2% of their viewers will understand. I can't wait to see it again.

Ride on.




No comments: