The BABE Filthy Fifty October Ho Down is less than two weeks from today. I really do hope you come out for a day of riding and fun times with friends.
Here's some general information that may help you make decisions about the ride:
- Bring a sturdy reliable bike that can be ridden both on-road and off-road
- I estimate 80% of the ride will be on the road.
- The off-road sections will not be "extreme" and will be something a skilled rider could do on a cyclocross bike.
- You may have to pee in the woods at some point.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- Weather may play a factor in the distance and duration of the ride.
- I don't always make good decisions.
- Dress for the weather.
- We will start the ride from Hollywood Gardens parking lot in Rochester, PA around 10am-ish.
- We will finish ride at Hollywood Gardens parking lot in Rochester, PA around 6pm-ish.
- Helmets and blinky lights are recomended, but not required. We're adults and can make our own decisions.
- Bring plenty of water and some food and snacks. Some tools and bike supplies would be a good idea.
- I'd prefer not to hear any whining.
- We will be making stops at places where food and beverages can be purchased.
- For those who ride the entire event without whining will get a free beverage at Hollywood Gardens after the ride.
- It's Halloween time, feel free to wear a costume or some item of flair.
- Bring a change of clothes ferchristsake!
- And don't take off your sunglasses.
Call or email me with questions.