Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I'm Just a Caveman...


As often happens on a quiet Sunday evening, I spent a few hours doing some trail maintenance at Brady's Run this past weekend. But what was different about this weekend was that I awoke on Monday morning with a tick buried into my right side. The blood sucker can very clearly be seen in the photograph above, right in my kidney area. Now I've spent at least 40 of my years outside and in the woods and I've never had a parasite bury itself into my flesh. Needless to say I found the entire episode a bit unsettling. On the plus side, I did have a wonderful little tool on hand to make the tick extraction quite effortless and dare I say, satisfying. The tool is called "Ticked Off" and it works magically. I tell you this as a public service and highly recommend getting one of these on hand, in the unfortunate chance you find yourself infested.
Like I say, just thought, you know, fair warning. Tell Walter.

Now further on the subject of me being a cave man. I want to apologize for the official BABE Club web site. For quite some time now, for some reason, I am no longer able to update that site. In addition, I cannot figure out how to direct that domain name to this site so at least the information can be more up to date. Apparently Comcast changed something and now I can't update anything on the site. Undoubtedly, to get this resolved, I'm going to have to call them on the phone, which I'm sure will turn out to be quite painful and frustrating. I think I'd rather have another tick.


No comments: