Thursday, December 3, 2009

Glass Flies, Bullets Fly, Clint Eastwood never dies...

OUTLAWS

READ UP THIS TIME FOR NEW INFO!!!!!!!!!!!
COME TO THE
20TH ANNUAL
PUNK BIKE ENDURO
SUNDAY DECEMBER 6TH, 2009
11 AM SHARP
NEWLOCATION!
PITTSBURGH HARLEQUINS RUGBY CLUB
101 EISELE RD, 15204
A MULTI-STAGE RACE FOR FUN AND POINTS
NO FEES, NO NORBA, NO RULES
EATS & PARTY AFTER IT'S OVER
WE'LL BUY SOME BEER
YOU BRING THE REST (OR GO THIRSTY AND/OR HUNGRY) PLEASE BRING A SUITABLE DRINKING VESSEL FOR THE DAY
NEW!!!!!!! NO KITCHEN AVAILABLE THIS YEAR, FOOD MUST BE PREPARED IN ADVANCE ALTHOUGH THERE WILL BE REFRIGERATION AND A PLACE TO PLUG IN YOUR CROCK POT
DRESS FOR STANDING AROUND IN COLD, WET WEATHER
YOU MIGHT WEAR A HELMET AS THERE IS NO INSURANCE
COURSE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 29TH
SATURDAY DECEMBER 5TH
TRAIL MAINTENACE PRE-RIDES
CALL 412.302.9070
BE READY FOR ANYTHING

One of my favorite days of the year is almost upon us. Dirt Rag’s Punk Bike Enduro day! This year marks the 20th anniversary of the event, and my 7th Punk Bike. I’m determined, as always, that it won’t be my last.

I know what you're thinking. "Should I ride the Punk Bike?" Well, to tell you the truth, I'm not sure if you can. But being as this is the 20th anniversary, and it will be wet, muddy and muscle cramping cold, you have to ask yourself one question.  Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

To be sure the punk bike is not for the meek of heart and will. I shall never forget the intensity of the cramps I experienced in the 20 degree weather of my first Punk Bike. Spinning the cranks of my first single speed (barely 3 weeks old) with ice balls as pedals (goodbye SPDs… hello Egg Beaters!).

So the question every year is… What will happen this year?

Some highlights, from each year, in pictures…





2004...





2005...







2006...








2007...




2008...















2009...

We leave from Hollywood Gardens Bar at 9am on Sunday.  You should be there.

Frank

No comments: