Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Two Paths

Virtues. Someone asked me what was my best. Patience is most natural. A few of the others come pretty easily. A few others with which I struggle daily.

Vice.......Virtue....
---------------------
Lust.......Chastity
Gluttony...Temperance
Greed......Charity
Sloth......Diligence
Wrath......Patience
Envy.......Kindness
Pride......Humility


I think Patience gets you through times without Kindness better than Kindness gets you through times without Patience. I suspect Wrath will get you through times without Envy better than Envy will get you through times without Wrath. Wikipedia has listed at least a hundred vices and virtues recognized world wide. Seems like a lot to keep track of. I like the original seven. Or an even more succinct guiding tool...
My mind can work out the nuances.

The photo below conveys the Dirtier Dozen, 2008. Heat. Weariness and a determination to stay strong. Off the beaten path. On a beaten memory. Strangers. Friends. Bikes and beer. No championed entity. No time, sights or sounds. Only Moment. There were lots of these.

No comments: